1. JULIUS KAREI OPEL - CHAIRPERSON
2. ELIZABETH WANJIRU - SECRETARY
3. KENNEDY ININGU - TREASURER
4. PAULINE KIMANI - VICE SECRETARY
5. PHILLIP KYALO- NEW BELIEVERS CHAIRPERSON
6. GRACE WAITHERA - NEW BELIEVERS V. CHAIRPERSON
7. TEDDY OTIENO - LIBRARY CHAIRPERSON
8. WINNIE NDUNG'U - LIBRARY V. CHAIRPERSON
9. JOHN LOSURU - BEST-P CHAIRPERSON
10. LUCY NYOKABI - BEST-P V. CHAIRPERSON
11. CHARLES MWANGI - GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING CHAIRPERSON
12. DIANA MBITHE - GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING V. CHAIRPERSON
13. MOSES MWENDWA -SOLDIERS OF CHRIST CHAIRPERSON
14. MARGRET NJERI - SOLDIERS OF CHRIST V. CHAIRPERSON
15. ROBERT NGUGI - INTERIM CHAIRPERSON
16. WAITHANJI BRIAN - INTERIM TREASURER
In addition I would like to appreciate the efforts of the interim committee led by Robert Ngugi, a committed fellow in the work of the Lord. You have tirelessly worked to ensure discipleship activities continue despite the fact that you had few members in your period.
To my successor,Mercy Njeri I dedicate to you this report. My prayer is for you to be all led by the Lord as you work in this capacity. The Lord has entrusted to you His flock , be a good shepherd, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
1. The Almighty God for the grace during the entire period.
2. My predecessors,David Dagana and Jimnah Chege for never tiring of my many questions and consultations.
3.The entire Discipleship committee for the tireless efforts in ensuring that all the programs run through despite their tight schedules. Kudos!
4. The interim committee led by Robert Ngugi, you have shown a burden for the church.
5. The first years orientation team for the great commitment you have shown during the orientation week and even after then.
5. The disciplers who have handled the first years with care and concern.
6. The FOCUS STAFF with the STEM then Mr. Muraya and the CMF Mr. Kataka for always offering advices especially during the first years orientation.
7. The TRINITY FELLOWSHIP staff among them Mr Gichimu Kariuki and Mr. Adams Cheruyiot for always being available to advice and facilitate discipleship programs such as Bible class and disciplers trainings incase they are called upon.
8. The Executive committee under the leadership of Gabriel Agufa for always being a shoulder to lean on Incase a need arises in the Discipleship docket. You have not only been fellow committee members but also friends to me.
Through the period of my leadership ,we were able to achieve the following with the team,
Throughout the period,bible class was successfully carried out. The classes have been productive and members learning much about the scriptures.
Successfully contacted CBR training classes having one group which has completed classes and graduated with one other class continuing with the classes.
Soldiers of Christ;Conducted the Anza fyt programs every Thursday from 6:30p.m.-8:00 p.m. which climaxed with a thanksgiving service on Thursday 21st April 2022.
Regional retreat which happened on 12th April 2022.
The finalists;As the elders 2022, successfully conducted their VUKA FiT programs every Wednesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. during their period of stay and had an elders Sunday and climaxed with the elders night.
Currently,the Christ ambassadors are going on with their vuka fyt program which started early this semester.
The Bible expository self training program had a total of 74 undergraduate students and 7 postgraduate students between March and May attending the classes. The following topics were handled; Hermeneutics, Inductive bible study, Homiletics, and apologetics.
Through library ministry, people were able to get resources such as books and bibles at lower prices to supplements other avenues of growth. This has enhanced spiritual growth among the church members through the use of the Christian literature.
GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
Has been successful every semester having a class going on;
TOPICS COVERED include; GENERAL INTRODUCTION, ,MEANING OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING & QUALITIES OF A GOOD SPIRITUAL COUNSELOR,INTRODUCTION TO SPIRITUAL CARE GIVING & SPIRITUAL CHARACTER FORMATION ,SPIRITUAL COUNSELING SKILLS & ETHICS OF COUNSELING ,TIME MANAGEMENT AND RECORD KEEPING &CONFLICT MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION ,COUNSELING PROCESS, SPIRITUAL ASPECTS OF COUNSELING & BIBLICAL BASIS OF A COUNSELOR,HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF SPIRITUAL PEER COUNSELING, PASTORAL COUNSELING APPROACHES PRACRICAL APPROACHES
The first years were grouped in their respective discipleship groups.
Through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, we received new believers in almost all Friday and Sunday services in which we were able to follow up most of them.
The new believers’ classes were successfully carried out every Monday from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Baptism classes were also successfully carried out on Wednesdays from 7;00 p.m. to 8:00p.m. which has seen through two successful baptisms with almost 50 souls being baptized by the Chaplain Rev. Ariko Ekitala.
The new believers sub- committee members met mostly on Tuesdays for various arrangements with regard to the discipleship progress. I appreciate the new believers sub-committee which had the following members;
1. Philip Kyalo- Chairperson
2. Grace Waithera- Vice Chairperson
3. Pauline Surely - Secretary
4. Nessy Hildah -Member
5. Shadrack Omondi - Member
FIRST YEARS ORIENTATION
The first years orientation which took place between August and September 2022 was successful and all glory back to the almighty God for His abundant grace upon the orientors.
I would not forget to greatly appreciate the orientors who gave their time and efforts towards the success of the week despite the difficult moments we were in in terms of finances and the quagmire of the general elections which were not yet sorted out. The E-TEAM leaders have also played a great role in ensuring that the orientation was a success.
You have offered to serve the Living God who first called you to His glory.
THE ANZA FYT is also continuing and I appreciate all the first years for purposing to continue partaking of the same.
Despite the achievements,we still had some challenges here and there some of which are;
1.Inconsistency of members attending to programs,this has lead to many not completing the classes and yet would demand to be issued with certificates.
2. Lack of enough finance to fund the Discipleship programs.
3. Difficulty in follow-up of the new believers who get born again during the door to doors.
4. Members not returning the books lend at the expected dates.
5. The difficulty in accessing of new Bibles due to the far suppliers. The unavailability of a variety of versions of the bibles sold also causes members to be reluctant in purchasing the one available NIV Version.
6. The less materials to produce certificates to the members after completion of the programs.
7. Lack of appropriate time for discipleship classes and also the low turn up of first years for discipleship classes posing challenges to the disciplers.
8. Shortage of disciplers which eventually resulted to overwork of the few available disciplers.
Considering the various challenges, I recommend the following;
1. The treasury to purchase enough printing papers to produce certificates as early as the members complete their classes.
2. Consistent mobilization and encouraging of members to attend all the programs they register since they are very important.
3. The Discipleship to work closely with the evangelism docket to ensure proper follow-up of the new believers who get born again during the crusades and door to doors.
4. Purchasing of various versions of the bible to encourage members to purchase bibles for personal growth.
5. Organize many events for the first years in order to bring them together.
6. Look for a near bookshop where new bibles can be accessed easily.
7. Ensure a steady and fast production of certificates immediately the classes are completed or the baptism is done for those baptised.
In conclusion, Discipleship docket is one of the most demanding dockets and requires total commitment towards it. I have therefore learnt to consistently be vigilant in attending to all its demands and be devoted to it.
When you stand infront of a mirror and smile at it, the image on the mirror does exactly the same. You should not expect less of people. Attend to all kinds of people as the Lord Jesus Christ would ; Matthew 9 :36-38 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."
Be the worker and call out more to the Lord.
Report compiled and presented by Julius Karei Opel~ Discipleship Chairperson.